Ammended Returns Bring Refunds

Many people are not aware that an amended (corrected) tax return, form 1040 X, can be filed with the IRS to change or correct an item as originally reported. This must be done within 3 years of the date the original tax return was filed.

My experience has been that reviewing copies of already-filed tax returns often uncovers opportunities to file amended tax returns for refunds.

Even if an amended return is not warranted, often there are items reported that indicate better ways for greater deductions in the next year.

If you drop off or send us copies of your past three year's federal tax returns, we can review these and issue you a diagnostic report which may recommend one or more amended returns.

We urge you to take advantage of this opportunity.

Bart Cecere
Certified Public Accountant